Saturday, April 14, 2012

In Response to Chris's 'Prices going UP'

I couldn't' agree with you more! People who complain about gas prices are usually the ones driving an SUV, or some kind of car that is not necessarily very good on gas.  I drive a 1996 BMW, I try not to complain about the gas prices because I'm choosing to drive that car so I have to pay what I have to pay.  However, on the other end of the spectrum, you have the families that are struggling to provide and have a hard time affording gas; they also might not be able to afford buying a better more fuel efficient car.
With gas prices going up I believe that we will begin to see more smart cars/fuel efficient cars on the road.  I heard on the radio however that recent polls show that most people will not move to smart cars or more fuel efficient cars until gas prices hit $6.51, which is an extremely random number.  Would you still drive a car of your choice if the gas price went that high? Would you drive a fuel efficient car even if it was harder to use with a family, kids, etc.?

No comments:

Post a Comment